an altogether higher class of gibbonindex
Multiple links from readers this week! Cheers muchly.
Bonus Who-Invented-The-Tablet-Computer-Anyway corner:
- Atari ST Pad - prototype 'pentop computer', with the wholly-unsuited-for-mobile-usage TOS/GEM as the operating system. BUT AT LEAST IT'S A REAL COMPUTER.
More links! You get the idea.
Bonus Icy Architecture corner:
Sundays are for waking up, jet-lagged, with an hour to spare until the Sunday Things must be posted. (Go see the recent photos for a clue to where I've been.) So here, a thumbnail-free edition of this weekly service:
- KH-9 Hexagon Spy Satellite - on display, unannounced, for one day only. Not there yesterday, unless they'd hidden it.
- Arthur Ganson Kinetic Sculpture - videos of daintily fantastic mechanical artworks.
- Vulkan Plosky Tolbachik, Kamtschatka - interactive video panoramas, from a helicopter flying over a volcano...
- The Charlie Brooker Channel - there will never be DVDs of Newswipe and friends. But a blind eye is turned to anything uploaded to Youtube...
- Frozen Bubbles - suspended below the surface of Abraham Lake, Canada.
- Earth Impact Effects Program - I was messing round with this shortly before that meteorite hit Russia. Oops. Calculate the effects of a Tunguska-plus asteroid or comet impact near your favourite places on Earth. Text-only, but with dry, vivid descriptions.