MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:53 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stuck in elevator after the explosion
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:15 pm 
Petitioner

I was blown up, got back to the weapons room and re-armed, got on the elevator, and.... can't see where to go. I believe I am in the third part after grenading the plasma balls. Help!

[edit: title]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:02 pm 
Scribe

You're now in a room with an armoury on either side and a short airlock like corridor with a locked door at the end?

Previous solutions are just as valid here. Employ your strengths to progress. Alternatively, when in doubt, do as Michael Caine suggests.

Post subject: No airlock at the end
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:24 pm 
Petitioner

I am at the start of 4a- the core was destroyed, I got up the broken cat walk to the 2 armories with the panel at the end, walked around to the elevator, w head crabs came out, took the elevator to the top(it went on it's own), and then do not know where to go. I hope this helps. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:50 pm 
Acolyte

Hmm. If you're where I think you are, wait a bit. Minerva may have something to say on the subject. And you'll probably get another hint in the form of ... falling scenery a bit before that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:02 pm 
Acolyte

If you're stuck in the broken lift, then look out through the shattered window - there should be an impromptu bridge there.

If there are just a couple of red 'ERROR' models instead, then AAARGH you're playing the game as a HL2 mod instead of an Episode One mod. Start the game from the Steam games list, restart chapter four and things should work. And you may realise you've been missing a huge amount of stuff.

Post subject: The Red Errors
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:29 am 
Petitioner

I was wondering about those. I thought it weird. Now I know I have been playing it wrong. Thanks

Post subject: No more "Errors" or black and purple checkers
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:40 am 
Petitioner

I was using the icon from the installation then from Steam itself. I restarted 4 from Steam, and don't have the giant red error signs. I am now at 4b and need help. There is a floor torn up with pipes showing through and a force field directly ahead. I have been using the grenades at the hole, but nothing.Please tell me what my next step is. Spoilers welcome. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:08 am 
Seeker

Read the sticky: tips and hints thread, this area has been covered several times there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]