MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: stuck: find an unlocked armory [solved]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:23 pm 
Inductee

I'm somewhere in Metastasis_3, I've just received this message:

Quote:
Consider yourself lucky - i managed to cload your suit's signature before our medusa's weapons monitoring and disarmament system decided to desintegrate it.

Your weapons themselves were not quite so fortunate. Get yourself to an unlocked armory as soon as possible.

A warning - anything that is dropped will be removed. The system's transient power requirements are quite astounding.

I've been walking around pressing the use button for at least an hour, hoping to enable something... Anything! I've been throwing the crate around, I've crushed it with the sliding doors.

I've also tricked the combine by running to the elevator, then running back, hoping a door has opened. No luck there either.

I've tried to outrun the combine to the elevator (worked out), only to discover that down at the bottom of the elevator is more combine.

[edit]
I did figure out I could press a button, then head back to a door that was closed earlier. That only lead me to a place with a forcefield popping up when I approach it. I'm still presuming I need something like a gun... But looking at the crates in this room reminded me of another post here... Got it: http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/foru ... ?p=604#604

So... Got it! Thanks for reading this anyway. Even before you read it you've been helpfull ;) Describing my problem and making sure I've tried everything already led me to the solution. I even think I could have figured the plug out myself. If only I wouldn't have tried to follow the advice "find an unlocked armory"....

Btw: this was the second time I listened to an advice where I shouldn't have... Earlier there was a message like "why are you fighting? Go down to the control room!". But the was no control room, at least not "down". Took me another hour and visiting this forum to figure that one out too.. Think I should pay less attention to those messages!

Let's just hope I don't need any weapons...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:49 pm 
Scribe

Don't worry. You'll get a weapon soon enough. As long as you don't do anything silly, you should be fine until you finally acquire one.

Post subject: Re: stuck: find an unlocked armory [solved]
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:24 am 
Inductee

I'm stuck in this exact same place. I got the forcefield unplugged and got to the crate of clips, but I still don't have a gun and there's nowhere to go unless I press the button on the pannel. But that only expands my options a little, and then inevitably some combines show up and kill me because I have no way of defending myself. Where do I go from here?

EDIT: Ok I found the door in the floor and destroyed that thing by putting the barrels in it and then I pulled the plug on their portal. Now the messages are telling me to return to the top of the central shaft...just what IS the central shaft and how do I get to the top of it?

EDIT #2: Nevermind. Finished it.

Post subject: Re: stuck: find an unlocked armory [solved]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:09 pm 
Petitioner

I'm stuck where you unplug the forcefield.. As in I can't find a way to unplug it.

There's 3 supply crates which of course I can't break or throw far.. and nothing else moveable I can get to :(

I'm hoping the way on doesn't involve crate stacking as I can't make them not fall over when I try to jump on a stack of 2 let alone 3.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]