[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
MINERVA - read-only archives • View topic - After today's HL2 patch update: ED_Alloc: no free edicts

MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: After today's HL2 patch update: ED_Alloc: no free edicts
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:07 pm 
Inductee

Damn. I'd played some of this a year or so ago. Noticed lately there was new chapter so I installed it and had been really enjoying it. I was on the level with all the zombies and head crabs and it all worked perfectly this morning. This afternoon, after the patch, it doesn't work anymore. The mod loads in Steam but when I try and load a save game I get ED_Alloc: no free edicts. Wah!

Post subject: Re: After today's HL2 patch update: ED_Alloc: no free edicts
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:21 am 
Acolyte

The update's pretty seriously huge (basically, everything's moved to a much more recent version of the engine) so it's not surprising there are problems. I've no idea what the plan was regarding savegames, but it might be best to start that particular map again. (Sorry...)

I'm looking into getting a patch out fairly soon - which should add things like fixed animated waves, working models for the globes and security signs, and Mac support. (Ohyes!)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:40 am 
Inductee

Hmm, I didn't think to try that. I only just started that particular map so not a problem. So I select New Game, scroll over to Pegasus and start it up .... Wah! ED_Alloc: no free edicts!! Still doesn't work. I hope your patch will fix it. Minerva has been a wonderful experience so far.

And BTW thanks for replying so quickly on such an inactive forum!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:22 pm 
Inductee

Hey i've just popped in to say i've been having the same problem;

after the loading screen at the bottom of the elevator in chapter 1 "No free edicts"

also had crashing before this which was quite humerous because it was always when the same combine died, had to avoid him to get to the lift! =P (was also getting "AI disabled" displaying at this point?)

Also get a graphic error on the shoreline (shows up black), to do with the wave animation i'm sure

Very glad i found out it's just because of a HL update, and that you guys are on it so quickly, will watch this space as i have yet to play chapter three!! I'll play HL1 again in the meantime since it now looks slightly prettier

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:38 pm 
Horseman of the Apocalypse
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:40 am 
Acolyte

I've fixed numerous new bugs so far - menus, HUD and waves are most definitely fixed, as are missing models in metastasis_3. I've just got metastasis_2 to run again (too many entities, apparently - I was skirting perilously close to the limit previously, only for that limit seems to have gone down slightly in this new engine) and have a good idea how to fix the other problems.

The good news is that this will effectively be that long-forgotten Orange Box port, complete with better visuals and even a new super-super-high-quality VRAD compile (hooray for modern quad-core processors).

So ... yay?

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:21 pm 
Inductee

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:27 am 
Acolyte

Update: all ED_Alloc errors have been squished, working on curing last few visual and gameplay bugs.

I'll try to raise playtesters from the dead in a day or two, for some final testing before re-release. That mailing list has stayed quiet for far too long... ;-)

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:10 pm 
Inductee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:25 am 
Horseman of the Apocalypse
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:16 am 
Inductee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:02 pm 
Inductee

It's funny, because the water bug was the same problem that came up when I pasted the files from minerva into a HL2 High Def mod for Episode 2 and ran it. No ed-alloc bugs, but the visual stupidities were there.

Question: Has the edict limit having gone down in this latest update affect the gameplay or visual... awesomeness of the game in any noticeable way?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:03 pm 
Inductee

hey, I was just wondering what the status was on this fix? You guys have any idea when you'll be releasing it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:02 pm 
Petitioner

I found a workaround that seems to work really well.

I'm sure the official patch will be better then this, but hey here's mine.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... stcount=51

Edit2: Final patch, not sure if it's exactly like before the update.. but it certainly does look it.

|

Last edited by DaftMink on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:57 am 
Petitioner

What's the status on the update Adam?
It's been almost a month now...
We still got a chance of getting a fix?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next