MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Initialisation needed!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:49 pm 
Inductee

I tried the unthinkable, and ran Minerva off Episode Two.. It worked, but crashed as you went underground on the first map! (not to mention there were some missing textures). So I reverted to Episode 1, but it seems all textures are now missing. I uninstalled the game and even deleted all relevant registry keys, but I couldn't get Minerva to 're-cache' the resources from HL2 data. Installing it to a different folder invoked a fatal memory error.

HELP!

Post subject: Re: Initialisation needed!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:12 pm 
Horseman of the Apocalypse
 WWW  Profile

Pulstar wrote:
I tried the unthinkable, and ran Minerva off Episode Two.

Minerva wrote:
The true method of knowledge is experiment.

Did you use the console in HL: Ep 2 to load the map or did you modify gameinfo.txt ?

Pulstar wrote:
Installing it to a different folder invoked a fatal memory error.

What kind of folder do you mean? Mods are supposed to run from SourceMods.

Just for the sake of completeness, can you check the list at http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:54 pm 
Inductee

I have the Ep 1 files dumped in a directory different to that of Steam's. It seems Minerva is looking for the files in their old location (In the GCF's presumably). I want it to look at the data files in the Ep1 folder instead.. when I first started Minerva it spent a few moment processing the resources from Ep 2 archives. How can I reproduce that effect?

Oh and I'm invoking the game via a .lnk shortcut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:27 pm 
Horseman of the Apocalypse
 WWW  Profile

Pulstar wrote:
I have the Ep 1 files dumped in a directory different to that of Steam's. It seems Minerva is looking for the files in their old location (In the GCF's presumably). I want it to look at the data files in the Ep1 folder instead.. when I first started Minerva it spent a few moment processing the resources from Ep 2 archives. How can I reproduce that effect?

Oh and I'm invoking the game via a .lnk shortcut.

Sorry, but I'm lost. Do you need help running Minerva as it is meant to be run within the system's architecture or are your trying to do something else?

Using different folders than the standard ones tends to indicate that you are trying to do something else.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]