MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Minerva Free Running?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:46 am 
Acolyte

I noticed some interesting aspects of Metastasis 2-
I managed to make a jump from the button for the impromptu battering ram you use to access the interior of the headcrab plant to a citadel pod on the other side of the room. You can miss and grab the ladder below it easily though.

It's relatively easy to jump onto the citadel pod racks in the large chamber in Downhill Struggle (where you have to get to the bottom, blasting headcrabs as you run, to activate the console before heading back up fighting through a swath of Combine soldiers). I randomly decided to just jump on top of the rail and jump to a pod. The crazy bit- I landed it. I was effectively able to climb down the citadel pods before taking a quick run jump to get back to the platform. You can take a bit of damage the first time or two, but once you practice it's fun to do and relatively painless.

Anyone else have any revelations about what kind of random running and jumping have allowed them to find?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:28 am 
Horseman of the Apocalypse
 WWW  Profile

Nice find, Kenny.
On my way back up in the insanely tall ramp area, I was thrown 10 meters off the ramp and landed on a ledge after a fast zombie's ram attack. The sensation of flying (weeee), the realization of my imminent death (argh), the relief of landing in the relative safety of the ledge ('at was close) and then the realization that I was stuck (argh), all contributed to a very funny moment in one of the most intense episodes in the whole adventure.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]