MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:33 pm 
Acolyte

hah!

acolytes? you think this some scheme involving grandeur for any but minerva herself? think again. do you arbitrarily assign trust? we know next to nothing about minerva (defiantly spelled in the lowest possible arabic case), save for her penchant for toying with us. for all we know, our "benefactors" may very well bear us better will than this one. she boasts total disregard for us, except for when our efforts of data extraction prove profitable to her. keep in mind, oh faithful blind followers, she needs us at least as much as we need her. if your response to this abhorable defiance is anger, you would be well advised to turn away and ignore, for you can rest assured that i remain well hid, and will emerge only long enough to collect data of my own on your precious master. minerva, and your oddly faithful, adieu.

vecima

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:08 pm 
Acolyte

The littlest ones are stripped of more than just their standing. In any other similar scenario, I have always observed confusion and anger, vindictive urgency and an overwhelming desire to break their shackles, a smaller cage in another, much larger one. These ones demonstrate rather a sense of approval, commitment, glee. Is it appropriate to speak of devotion in these circumstances?
Of course, as incomprehensible a reaction it is, for thralls to indulge themselves with all burning sense of purpose in the insubordinate machinations of Her cryptic, playful mind, I can only discern the sinister, feral urge for murderous catharsis in all their steps.

That is admirable, Lunatic.
So I bid you carry on with these remarkable experiments of yours.

It must be asked of the Little Jesters, however: Do you ever see yourselves living for any more glorious a function? Do you ever fantasise of self-resolve in this gilded star system?

I wouldn't think so. Your delusions are purely of a violent and inquisitive nature.

May your last moments be interesting ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:16 pm 
Acolyte

you say so, but what is it that you base it on?

What is it about masters quest that pulls us toward her?

What beauty is there in a brutal death miles underground?

Will that death be avoided because of Masters sweeping will?

If this planets trifling benefactors have a better will for us then master Minerva, then why do we love her so? are we brainwashed? Or would it just be the ignobilty of such a quest?

Never underestimate human ignorace when faced with a chance to gain knowledge as such. It is human nature to want to kill, and to kill by the will of one surpassing anything encountered before while gaining the knowledge that is gathered through us. Human ignorance will pull us into such a crusade. And the mortal instinct to kill and survive will let us see some glorious light at the end of the path.

If that light will be great and glorious, incomprehendable, or dark and hellish. if great we will gladly die knowing what it is. if it is hellish we will sacrifice to escape.

Will master sing a song of dread, will she say

You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

or will she raise us for our services, yet still chide us and let us be ants in her world? will she sing us heaven from our eyes?

if you are near to the dark
I will tell you 'bout the sun
you are here, no escape
from my visions of the world
you will cry all alone
but it does not mean a thing to me

only master can decide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:22 pm 
Acolyte

Your little ignorance, a self-imposed rule in many of your cases, is urging you to follow the ramblings of a goading mind you know nothing of.
One must ask whether that makes you any different from the sedated forces of your Overwatch posthuman supervisors.

Not that the choice was ever yours, Thrall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:35 pm 
Acolyte

A self imposed rule?

I am a zealot! the shimmer in my eye comes from the enlightened objective provided to me. one where my life span is proportional to my skill. a mission of danger so great that though I am great at the slaughter of mortals and the evasion of death my lifespan still resides at minutes.

And that lifespan is all that is needed to accomplish my goal. A glorious triumph for me that I will present to master with my death joyfully and without remorese

Post subject: Clue(less)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:36 pm 
Acolyte

Minerva wrote:
The master?

What, that figment of someone's imagination?

It's my domain here. My very own playground on this pathetic little network of yours. (Twenty minutes until timeout? That'll hardly cope with interstellar communications, will it?)

And, because all bad things must come to an end, I've insisted on a time limit.

The rules for this digital sandbox? Well, one - the end of the world is imminent. I like it when destruction is inevitable.

A friend of a friend.

"Interstellar communications"...that seems to confirm the extraterrestrial nature of Minerva's current abode, though whether 'tis Xen, we are no wiser.

So Adam has slipped on the Minerva persona for his forum appearances; it seems to me that everyone else has undergone some kind of personality shift in this realm also. It's almost as if this were a fancy dress party for the psyche, only I don't seem to have a costume...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:44 pm 
Acolyte

I see a black sheep amoung the ignorant flock of loyal alcolytes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:57 pm 
Acolyte

M_Gargantua wrote:
A self imposed rule?

I am a zealot! the shimmer in my eye comes from the enlightened objective provided to me. one where my life span is proportional to my skill. a mission of danger so great that though I am great at the slaughter of mortals and the evasion of death my lifespan still resides at minutes.

And that lifespan is all that is needed to accomplish my goal. A glorious triumph for me that I will present to master with my death joyfully and without remorese

That would certainly be a more enviable position now than that of beaten chattel at the hands of the Benevolent Commune, if that were in fact the reality of your situation.

Nothing has changed, little one. Except now your actions are far more entertaining to me than when you where selected for a Stalker's life.

Your delusions truly run deep.

Last edited by The Firedrake on Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:08 pm 
Acolyte

Are they all in my head? or has the instantanious lifespan of my moral soul forced me to transend mental limits?

am I the Ragnarok, the Tizona, the Tsurugi? wielded as a death dealer. a swift end to the mere mortals between me and my goal.

Or am I but a lost soul? A ghost in a shell? yet another lost AI wanndering the networks? One so deprived for knowledge that I jump from place to place, being carried on hidden burst transmissions?

or am I but a strong mind refuseing to give in to the pulls of his mortal, severed body? do I remain alive in a shell somewhere, unaware of my duties and surroundings, hoping for an escape?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:19 pm 
Acolyte

What does it all matter, so long as She can break you down?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:21 pm 
Acolyte

My mind is powerful. She would have to try to break me down.

That may have already happened however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:23 pm 
Acolyte

I assure you; it has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:25 pm 
Acolyte

I will wait for master to inform me of my state if she thinks I deserve such graces

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:22 pm 
Scribe

How could you be sure that She has not already done so, and destroyed your free will? Or any of ours, for that matter? Are our minds our own anymore? Would we necessarily be aware of any infraction or tampering?

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds". At Her bidding? At the whim of a faceless diety who moulds and shapes us as She sees fit? Or by chance of forces beyond the ken of even such high minded individuals as Our Lady?

Vecima - I don't think that we all really care if we benefit from these endevours, however Minerva does not conduct Herself merely for 'grandeur'. She persues knowledge, perhaps for personal gain, perhaps for the downfall of a great enemy and the subsequent liberation of our people. For myself... I care not. Nor do I care what She thinks of us. Yes, we are Her pawns and willingly so. I only crave the small morsels of knowledge She will bring and that I will return to her. My life is my sacrifice; Her knowledge, my reward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:27 pm 
Acolyte

You misunderstand: The choice was never yours.

You, the outcasts, the rebels, the traitors, the cowards, the usurpers of the Vivisectionists.

You who were condemned to lives of constrained labour.

You whose minds would have been ravaged and your spirits rendered inconsequential.

You whose bodies would have been nothing more than shades flickering on the walls of dark blue spires.

You who would have been worms within a worm.

She chooses your kind and yours alone.

The lost, the defeated, the forgotten.

But you never think to question why.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next