MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:38 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:54 pm 
The Pun-isher

parm wrote:
I'd love a trip to Brussels, if only because I have a certain... penchant for Belgian beer

I like sprouts. Can I come?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:18 am 
Acolyte

proogs wrote:
parm wrote:
I'd love a trip to Brussels, if only because I have a certain... penchant for Belgian beer

I like sprouts. Can I come?

No.

Post subject: re: What hides behind the third veil?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:27 pm 
Petitioner

The allusion of the island possesing a power near that on the level of a combine citadel is near frightening to comtemplate.

The Combine have no need to operate under secercy, they maintain a close iron grip on the slow decaying remnants of humanity for the moment......so why would they need to guide a stream of super heated plasma from geosyntric orbit down into the bowels of a small island?

maybe the combine are building something, somewhat of "Depth charge" perhaps?

The Identity of Perseus, The combine's objective, the contents of the third veil, the Tri-lobal insignia, and Minerva's ultimate goal...

All secrets give way to truth in time, we need only have the patience to wait for them.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:54 pm 
Scribe

Perseus' identity is no secret. At least, not his profession. From Minerva's allusions it would seem evident that he (or she, as the case may be) was a combine metro cop or soldier.

Right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:33 pm 
Scribe

Kastanok wrote:
Perseus' identity is no secret. At least, not his profession. From Minerva's allusions it would seem evident that he (or she, as the case may be) was a combine metro cop or soldier.

Right?

That sounds about right. At least our deductions have led us to that conclusion based on what Minerva has said during our past mission(s).

That makes me wonder what would cause said cop (us) to abandon our position in the hierarchy of things...or have we already delved into that question before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:16 am 
Acolyte

I think it might have been because he/she was going to be made into a stalker. Minerva said "You'd be the same if it wasn't for me" regarding stalkers.

Also, as a counterpoint to the "metrocop" theory, she does make a reference to "your dear human rebel friends", though perhaps she was speaking ironically there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:44 am 
Scribe

I'm sure that was meant ironically, yes. Given that she says "but you gave all that up regardless, didn't you?", in regards to fighting against the Combine.

And I'd almost forgotten about that stalker remark. Yes, that's a distinct possibility.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3