MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rampancy
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:26 am 
Acolyte
 ICQ  Profile

I Fear that Minerva may be showing early signs of Rampancy.

Fellow Acolytes, what are your opinions on the matter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:51 am 
Acolyte

eureka... this one has caught on... lets hope in experiment, his attention can stay on keeping his crosshair steady...

suffice it to say, this whole count down is allusive, acolyte. i think it is a warning, that a mere 12 days from now, we will finally be recieving new orders, despite what "master" has been telling us about our many month hiatus from consciousness.

as for the rampancy charge, well... lets just say that through advanced probabilistic calculations minerva has been able to calculate a date and time at which her 'knowledge' will reach a critical velocity... a sort of learning singularity, at which point, her methods toward knowledge will change, though how i dare not even guess. this is when our new orders will arrive... and she needs our input until then... what greater for feeding a sense of self than followers, pawns, acolytes.

EDIT: it should be noted that i say a date and time, and refer to it as "at this point". in fact this is misleading. think of date and time as a limit function as time approaches the singularity. there will be no "point" at which this happens, because once it does, it will cease to be a point and instead be fact, unconstrained by time (at my best guess). it should be quite fascinating, given the reprocussions don't call for a complete unhinging of our molecular structure, or some other devastating cataclysmic event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:36 am 
Inductee

I think you may be right. Obviously, this is a "game within a game." Should be fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:51 am 
Scribe

vecima wrote:
suffice it to say, this whole count down is allusive, acolyte. i think it is a warning, that a mere 12 days from now, we will finally be recieving new orders, despite what "master" has been telling us about our many month hiatus from consciousness.

I had concidered that possibility myself but the hope daren't speak its name for sake of self-destruction in the face of reality. Perhap the reward for our patience shall be a further archived message from Minerva, or reconaisance from further down the rabbit hole. It would be too much to dream for a further stage of the experiment.

On the matter of 'rampancy', hasn't She already passed the boundary? Minerva appears to totally in control of herself now, free of constraints since Her escape from Black Mesa. Have we at any point seen Her shy from following her will? I would believe she is close to achieving further heights of rampancy, Her conciousness exploading at an exponentional rate.

Oh, and just how much utter TRIPE we're all talking...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:57 am 
Inductee

Wide awake and physical in 12 days!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:51 pm 
Acolyte

Kastanok wrote:
On the matter of 'rampancy', hasn't She already passed the boundary? Minerva appears to totally in control of herself now, free of constraints since Her escape from Black Mesa. Have we at any point seen Her shy from following her will? I would believe she is close to achieving further heights of rampancy, Her conciousness exploading at an exponentional rate.

we appear to be in a situation with minerva, of one indian, one cheif. i argue that this exploration must prove beneficial to both of us in order to continue, or surely we could climb back up a few floors, and stow ourselves upon the next razor train out of this rabbit hole. interesting, and rather oddly satisfying it is to have this sort of 12 days outside of time. minerva, do you wish us time to consider how many chips we hold? surely you're not foolish enough to let us reconsider our agreement... but i can't help but think you want to know where we stand, giving us voice when before we had only ears.

when human speaks to god, and god doesn't answer, human knows its place.
when god answers, this gives rise to question, question gives rise to reason, and gods place above human is nullified.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:15 pm 
Scribe

Quote:
when human speaks to god, and god doesn't answer, human knows its place.
when god answers, this gives rise to question, question gives rise to reason, and gods place above human is nullified.

On the contrary, the human gains knowledge when god speaks. We aren't talking about a god with Minerva though, but rather an intellegence that simply knows more about what the heck is going on than we do and is playing that to her advantage to get us to do what she says. Our situation in trying to figure out what is going on is like trying to describe the picture a puzzle makes with only a smattering of pieces in our possession, and Minerva has the box with the picture on it.

Post subject: Perseus was a hero
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:33 pm 
Acolyte

Isn't it ironic that a Strong AI, such as Minerva, needs a mere obsolete mortal human to do her bidding?

PS: In my book, Minerva is undoubtedly a Strong AI.

And I must follow, if I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:32 am 
Acolyte

you truely belive that a story involving Minerva will do her any justice if is inscribed in petty text?

Last edited by M_Gargantua on Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: lack of knowledge is lack of power
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:25 am 
Acolyte

M_Gargantua wrote:
you truely belive the a story involving Minerva will do her any justice if is inscribed in petty text?

I am sorry but I cannot understand the meaning of your post. Can you clarify it, please? Is it even adressed to what I said earlier?

And I must follow, if I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:11 pm 
Acolyte

the glorious rampancy of minerva cannot be properly described in a book. words do her no justice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:35 am 
Scribe

M_Gargantua wrote:
the glorious rampancy of minerva cannot be properly described in a book. words do her no justice

Very good, if slightly simpering :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:12 pm 
Scribe

If you ask me, the comment is off topic. You weren't saying you are writing a book about Minerva, it was a figure of speech. Then in a feeble attempt to speak with grandeur and sound like a devoted acolyte, totally twisted the meaning of your postscript. It made the comment seem more annoying than anything else.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]