[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
MINERVA - read-only archives • View topic - Aperture Science

MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Aperture Science
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:10 am 
Inductee

While playing through Portal I happened upon several 'hidden' rooms...if you played through you couldn't have missed the first one, it was stuck open with crates. The Second was marginally harder to get into, and seemed to be just like the first and rather unremarkable, but behind some of the stuff on the wall the following info was gleamed:

Login: CJOHNSON
pass: TIER3

I spent the rest of the game trying to find a terminal to put that into, then I remembered that Portal had a site up where you could login and fill out an application. http://www.aperturescience.com/ when you login with that name and pass you have access to several more commands than normal, I haven't figured any of them out, but I thought you folks would like to know about it, as you do enjoy a good puzzle :) good luck

[edit: title]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:42 pm 
Inductee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:03 pm 
Acolyte

Someone figure out the name of an employee,

Then type "INTERROGATE employee"

and see what happens.

Also we should begin looking for other login names and passwords, see if that might unlock some of the write-protected stuff?

I was trying to figure out a way to get one of the UINs in a picture or something. I wish I had thought of a simple screen shot. It took me a few minutes of thinking I was nuts till I realised it was changing. Did anyone complete the application, with the UIN?

[edit: spelling/grammar]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:33 pm 
Inductee

I was trying to remember the numbers on the clipboards through the game. I think maybe interrogate #43 might do something. anyone got any ideas?

interrogate cjohnson didn't work so I imagine it's looking for a number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:55 pm 
Scribe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:10 pm 
Acolyte

A discovered a thread with the decompiled Flash Actionscript for the INTERROGATE command - it would appear it doesn't do anything but give an error.

And I think test subject #042 was a chicken, judging by the skeleton...

May have had difficulty operating the portal gun? I'd have loved to have seen the poultry-based playtesting at Valve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:05 am 
Inductee

Noticed the government funding slides in the last level of portal?
Combine that with Eli mentioning Aperture Science competing with Black Mesa for government funding in Ep2 and the "lockdown" on the Aperture site, and we can conclude that Aperture Science was shut down, probably due to budget problems and most likely before Unforeseen Consequences happened.

Our character in Portal is maybe an unlucky test person who began the testing in the critical lockdown period.

We know that portal is syncing with HL2 it is quite likely that EP3 will feature a trip to Borealis and maybe the ASHPD will be to Gordon's hands.

It might also be the reason Eli is against going to Borealis, poor experiences with portals.

[edit: typos]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:36 pm 
Acolyte

Hmm. I read somewhere that the main character's name is Chell Johnson. The founder is named Cave Johnson. The last notes.exe entry concerns "Bring-your-daughter-to-work-day". GLaDOS mentions "Bring your daughter to work day is the perfect time to have her tested."

Hmmmm ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:19 am 
Acolyte

And didn't GLaDOS say "subject hometown = here" or did I hear it wrong?

- population
- industry
- transport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:42 am 
Scribe

you heard wrong. or at least misinterpreted.

it was "subject hometown here" as in [inster subject hometown here].

Post subject: Is it just me?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:02 pm 
Scribe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:28 pm 
Horseman of the Apocalypse
 WWW  Profile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:32 pm 
Acolyte

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:52 pm 
Scribe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:04 pm 
Seeker

Kudos to locworks for that summary. You sir are indeed a sci-fi master!

(the only thing you've left out is hot robot )

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next