MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Hope-o-matic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:42 pm 
Acolyte

Yeah I know. Last time they released any information about it was at Christmas...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:48 am 
Acolyte

Well considering how many mods have a long development half life (That was horrible, sorry XD), I wouldn't be suprised if the third episode came out before BM:S. Either way I'm still downloading it because it looks totally awesome. Hopefully they made the Xen sections more fun.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:14 pm 
Acolyte

Yeah I was thinking about that the other day while I was playing Half-Life 1. If they do it right, Xen could look absolutely spetacular.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:39 pm 
Acolyte

I'm still trying to wrap my head around their reasoning for why they're not going to incorporate information from Episode 2 (i.e. it's Magnusson whose lunch you nuked, the administrator is Dr. Breen): they said (if I recall correctly, and I probably don't) that they don't want to "change anything." I remember seeing one snide comment somewhere about how Gearbox's mods did a better job keeping in Half-Life 1's continuity than Valve themselves did in Half-Life 2 ...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:43 pm 
Acolyte

I know what you mean. The plot threads that were explored in the expansions were pretty much abandoned come Half Life 2. I guess they wanted to keep their storyline more flexible and didn't want people having to have played the expansions to understand things. Still, I would have been thrilled to see Adrian Shepard out in Half Life 2 somewhere, using his Desert Eagle to cover Gordon's back.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:01 am 
Acolyte

All things considered (including the fact that Black Mesa is, apparently, destroyed), I'd like to volunteer a cautious "But who knows? We've still got another episode at minimum ..." ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2