[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
MINERVA - read-only archives • View topic - Hope-o-matic

MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Hope-o-matic
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:47 pm 
Scribe

Feel free to use this thread to plug the unreleased projects that may one day interest Minerva's .

For released oeuvres, see

-----
The Battle of Philadelphia (BOP)

The Battle of Philadelphia is a Half-Life 2 modification set in the Half-Life universe. The story chronicles the city of Philadelphia, USA in the days following the events of City 17. This project will be distributed for free and released incrementally in chapters, though the first release will contain the first 2 or 3 chapters. Only owners of Half-Life 2 will be able to play it (an installation of Steam and HL2 is required).

We are currently finishing a few of the main additions concerning the first release. These include a couple of weapons, as well as one new major gameplay feature.

No main characters from Half-Life 2 will be featured in The Battle of Philadelphia, as it is our wish to coincide in story with the Half-Life 2 universe. We do however have a good understanding of what makes a good (or bad) character come to life, and have plans for at least a few new main characters. In addition, our plans for combat between the player and friendly npcs vs enemy npcs is to give the feel of real fighting and survival tactics being carried out by the npcs on both sides. This will come through rigorous testing of the implemented AI, assaults, and hints utilized in hammer, or, failing that, a tweaking of the AI code.

To check out BOP, either visit our site at: , or visit our

[EDIT: added link to website since locworks deleted my sig which had the link in it... :-P]

Post subject: A mod I'm making (Knytt Stories)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:40 am 
Acolyte

So, I'm making this level for (which I first discovered when reading a review for Metastasis which compared it, in terms of sheer enjoyability of a mod, to a level for Knytt Stories called "Don't Eat The Mushroom").

The main character a hacker in a sort of Tron-esque VR realm. You're guided by ... a wisecracking, seemingly-nigh-omnipotent entity who could make your life infinitely easier but won't, and who, I'm discovering, probably closely resembles Shodan, Durandal, and/or Minerva.

I even had to force myself not to include the line "I should probably introduce myself ... but I won't." (If you don't recognize that, play Someplace Else as it appears in the original "Project Quantum Leap".)

Yeah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:17 pm 
Horseman of the Apocalypse
 WWW  Profile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:19 am 
Acolyte

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:52 am 
Petitioner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:23 am 
Scribe

Does this have to be about mods? How about Indie, is that semi-obscure enough? :P

I'm waiting patiently for whatever 's turns out to be. Introversion are of course the tiny independant wunderkint that brought us such gems as Uplink, Darwinia and DEFCON. What was a three man team was grown to about 11 but there's still only 2 programmers.

The original genius, Chris Delay, is currently playing around with procedurally generated cities. Judging from previously released posts, pics and videos on their , Chris is covering everything from the layout of a single room all the way up to natural 10-km city plans.

The thing is, not even the devs know what it's for yet. Right now it's little more than playing with tech to see what they can do. They'll work out the game later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:15 pm 
Horseman of the Apocalypse
 WWW  Profile

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:20 pm 
Scribe

Just a quick update on The Battle of Philadelphia mod...

The first 3 maps that will eventually comprise a "demo" of the game are nearly complete and almost ready for our limited beta playtesting. What is left to do mainly consists of perfecting some scripting and finishing some choreography. So soon you'll be able to play the demo and get a taste of what the full mod will be like! Visit our forums at for the latest updates.

Community Relations Team Lead
Community Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:31 am 
Acolyte

I'm glad to see others are being inspired to work on mods themselves. Good luck to Phily there. I guess W.C. Fields had some foresight when he said "All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia."

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:12 pm 
Scribe

Community Relations Team Lead
Community Member

Post subject: Re: Hope-o-matic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:51 pm 
Petitioner

Adam Coltman, former lead mapper for the fallen mod Nightfall is working on a new mod known as "Arbitrary Imposition".

http://www.adamcoltman.com/modblog/

it may look a little 'bland' by the few screenshots of a ship's interior, but I faith in this mod and believe that it has potential to be something fantastic judging on the person that's developing it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:44 pm 
Acolyte

Argh! AI got canned...
And not by usual means either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:28 am 
Acolyte

not by 'usual means' eh? Sounds interesting...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:59 pm 
Acolyte

I'm waiting eagerly for Black Mesa: Source to come out. Anyone else excited for that mod? It'll be cool to play good ol' Half Life 1 as a 'proper' Source engine port.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:23 pm 
Acolyte
 WWW  Profile

Hehe I was lots of exicted for that mod. But after years I'm still yet to see any gameplay.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next