MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stealth
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:07 pm 
Acolyte

Yeah, I don't think that I'll actually release anything with a stealth system involved, even though it'd be cool. It might be an interesting expirement to do one boring afternoon however...

Post subject: Re: Stealth
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:25 pm 
Acolyte

Thinking about it in general, it would be interesting to see a bit more stealth based stuff in straight FPS games. HL2 is quite bad in theis regard, you almost never have the option to just sneak round a fight, which you might expect to do as a physics phd. Mind you, I guess there must be a certain amount of it in Left 4 Dead, so maybe Valve are working on splicing it into Source as one of their 'incremental' upgrades to the engine.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:00 pm 
Acolyte

Woops, I had originally meant to post that in a another topic. Oh well, doesn't matter. :P It would certainly be nice to have some kind of stealth system in Half Life 2. I mean, even a hit in the back with a crowbar as a one hit kill would be nice. It's always more fun to have different options when you are confronted with a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:56 pm 
Acolyte

In addition to a stealth system, I've always wanted to have an execution move for Gordon. Why should Alyx's zombie head kicks have all the one hit kill fun? How about getting the hook of a crowbar around the back of an enemy's neck and pulling their head right onto the barrel of my pistol? That would be awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:48 am 
Acolyte

It would be pretty cool to have a special animation for finishing off a guy with the crowbar. It'd also work as a good incentive to use it against something other than headcrabs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:09 am 
Acolyte

I still want to see a cardboard-box-"vehicle", with either programming or input-outputs that will make you perfectly hidden if you don't move, but if you're spotted in motion, or getting into it, all enemies in that squad will see recognize you as hostile ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:07 pm 
Acolyte

Lol, that's awesome. I have a mental image of a cardboard box waddling up to a Combine soldier. The Soldier looks at it and the box stops moving, but when he turns back around an arm holding a crowbar breaks through the side of the box and smacks him in the back of the head. :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:01 pm 
Acolyte

It also occurred to me that, now that Adam works to Valve, he might con the voice-actor who did the Combine soldiers to make various clips of "Hey, what's that box doing here?" and such.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]