[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
MINERVA - read-only archives • View topic - Time to stir the Pot o' Speculation! - (Resurrected)

MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Time to stir the Pot o' Speculation! - (Resurrected)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:45 pm 
Scribe

Community Relations Team Lead
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:49 pm 
Acolyte
 WWW  Profile

Certainly, making unbroken broken things are hard. I did that for my own webpage a few days ago, I wrote a quick VB Program (uugh!) that randomly messed up files. Even though, getting something that just wasn't broken, but also looked properly broken, that was pretty hard. Then some postprocessing and it's done. It's certainly fun to make something like that. Heh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:38 pm 
Acolyte

As for that picture...

That gets me thinking- the reactor in Metastasis is in that picture as not responding. That means OOT definitely takes place after M:M. It also makes me wonder- perhaps it was providing some useful function to the rulers of City 44 such as electricity or power of other means to that area's Citadel or other governing structures? And there is a very well defined triangle in that map layout. Minerva might be after something in that space, and needs to take out the three waypoints (Metastasis Island, City 44, and St Petersburg Russia) to access it.

It makes you wonder, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:31 am 
Seeker

I feel I should point out, I posted the part of my interpretation of this new development pertaining to Minerva's identity . Needless to say, any theory that Minerva is anything but a technology-based entity is losing ground, fast.

I think that so far we've overlooked some items of importance here. First: the title of that page is "Entoptical Phenomena". Now, if you're like me, your first question is "What in the world does entoptical mean?". Even if you didn't wonder about that, is some more info. Basically, it means a condition is which you see something within your eyeball itself. One example is "phosphenes", the pretty little patterns you see when you close your eyes too tightly. But we can extrapolate that to mean "seeing something inside yourself" and/or "seeing something you don't normally see".

Now look at the URL: http://www.hylobatidae.org/minerva/traitor.shtml. Hmm, a traitor? Who could that be? Well, we know Minerva has access to some Combine security protocols, and even calls herself a "discarded piece of shit" and a " manufactured war criminal". Perhaps Minerva turned her back on the Combine and/or on humanity. Remember, she claims to have helped discover teleport technology - maybe she had something to do with the Combine finding Earth, making her an accidental traitor, or perhaps she betrayed us all in return for being made into... whatever she is now. Maybe she even betrayed us in the hopes of saving herself, or something else (perhaps whatever was beyond the portal), and now regrets turning her back on her home.

We can also determine that Minerva is, at least in part, working with Combine data - note the presence of City 44's identification code. But then, that's really nothing new for her, is it now? Notice as well that the location circles could represent two things: places Minerva is interested in, or places where Minerva has been found. It could be a to-do list, of sorts, but to me it seems a bit short to be so. Perhaps this is a sort of Combine tracking effort - they're watching Minerva, seeing what she does. Maybe they want to know what she is and what her goals are as badly as we do, but she's caught on.

As for what all these clever observations mean, I will state that for now, I don't know. We must be thorough, as we're by no means sure how long this will have to last us. If OoT is as work-intensive as it looks, we may have a while to wait.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:34 am 
Acolyte

Here's another explanation for who the "traitor" is: Perseus, whom we know perfectly well was once a Combine soldier (Minerva even makes reference to your having an artificial/removed larynx if you take too long on the "catwalk" puzzle in Pegasus ...), and was a traitor to humanity but is now a traitor to the Combine.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:58 am 
Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:55 am 
Acolyte

As for establishing the time of OOT? Well, when it's released, when Minerva sends us an SMS it should have the UTC timestamp on it. If it's after 2009-08 than it's probably after. (I don't remember the exact timestamp, forgive me)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:00 am 
Seeker

Well, yes, but that involves waiting an indeterminate amount of time until OoT is released. I was hoping that something already released might have a date stamp on it, but after looking, it appears not. Although a prequel would be interesting, instinct says it's going to be a sequel. There's too much from Metastasis that needs to be resolved, and it seems to follow that Adam will tie up at least some of those loose ends.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:01 am 
Acolyte

I certainly hope so. Darn, I can't wait for either OoT or Episode 3. Adam must have quite the workload on his hands right now with both projects.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2