MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: how to stop the headcrab missile factory
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:39 am 
Inductee

Hi,

I'm stuck in minerva 2 when I have to destroy the headcrab missile factory.
When I enter the room with 8 missile loaders (4 each side of the bridge), I've got the message ("stop it") then the 8 loaders stop themselves and an alarm is declenched. Then a lot of combine come, I kill them and continue forward up until a message tell me "what the hell are you doing, stop fighting and go to the control room near the power downlink shaft to do your work".

So my question is simple: where is that damn control room !! I believe it is near the ray where the train passes ... But I must be wrong because I found nothing. Everywhere I go, I'm stuck with forcefields ahead or back by the elevator with which I came down in the first place.

2 hours I spent running up and down and I hate being lost in a game, so please give me an advice or something.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:09 pm 
Acolyte

There's a force-field near the centre, next to the downlink shaft - notice any potential design flaws to it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:24 pm 
Inductee

All right, I get it. I passed this force-field and managed to push the button.
But I was misdirected by the messenger !
When I was about to cross the upper platform around the downlink shaft to get to this force-field, he told me to stop my fight and to shut down the factory. So, as an obedient soldier, I backed off and began to search for the control room.
Why did he told me that ? At that time ?

But, the important is that thanks to you, I can continue this awesome mod !

Thanks a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:04 pm 
Horseman of the Apocalypse
 WWW  Profile

lostboy wrote:
[...]he told me to stop my fight and to shut down the factory.

She told you. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:02 pm 
Inductee

yeah, "she", sorry for that but I'm not english. By the way, I lost a part of the story of this game because the vocabulary is really developped and hard to fully understand by a non-english speaker. For example, I didn't understood why at the end (SPOILER !!!!), after the first satellite beam launch by her, she told me I betrayed the human race and my combine masters ? Who I really am in the game ? A former combine ? Some kind of collaborator with the benefactors ? An experiment (a laboratory engineered clone) ?
And what's my name ?

The background of this mod seems to be great but hard to apprehend and the references to greek myths doesn't make it easy. And I love that by the way, but it's hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:21 pm 
Scribe

That's the whole idea. The rest of us don't know what's going on, either.

And so we discuss the plot and our character in the Famine sub-forum. Feel free to read through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:07 pm 
Scribe

Kastanok wrote:
That's the whole idea. The rest of us don't know what's going on, either.

And so we discuss the plot and our character in the Famine sub-forum. Feel free to read through.

Yeah, we're all in the dark on that subject. We have our guesses as to who we are and I think have it pretty much figured out, but we still don't have the whole picture. Only Adam and a select few really know the entire story.

Don't forget to check out some of the old conversations in the Death forum either. There are a few worthwhile threads in there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:04 pm 
 WWW  Profile

lostboy wrote:
yeah, "she", sorry for that but I'm not english.

Do you think that the upcoming French version will be of any help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:11 pm 
Inductee

yeah an entire french version would be great ! There is already a translation for the two first chapter but it bugged the title screen and I had to remove it to read the messages of the two last chapter (weird !).

I'm gonna read those threads, thanks for the advice.
And Adam, if you read this, thanks a lot ! The mod is better than an episode one of HL2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:21 pm 
 WWW  Profile

lostboy wrote:
yeah an entire French version would be great ! There is already a translation for the two first chapter but it bugged the title screen and I had to remove it to read the messages of the two last chapter (weird !).

Well, the translation of the first two chapters was useful for a while. I probably should go back to live testing the translated third one instead of posting here. Yeah. I'll do that. In a little while. :-)

lostboy wrote:
I'm gonna read those threads, thanks for the advice.
And Adam, if you read this, thanks a lot ! The mod is better than an episode one of HL2.

Adam = Cargo Cult on this forum

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:19 pm 
Inductee

Cargo Cult wrote:
There's a force-field near the centre, next to the downlink shaft - notice any potential design flaws to it?

Did you mean the force-field with the plug (design flaw) behind it? How to pull it out without the gravity gun? I dont get it.

Edit:
OK - I get it. This Thread give me the answer.

But I never noticed at the original HL2 gameplay, that force-fields could be deactivated with shooting on the plug. Maybe a new feature of this mod, hmm? Not very fair to alter such given game elements... Just like changing the rules of chess without telling the teammate...

Post subject: Re: how to stop the headcrab missile factory
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:07 pm 
Acolyte

Well, Adam obviously didn't want the gravity gun in M:M, so he had to find ways round it.
Logically, shooting the plug is quite intuitive, I'm pretty sure I used grenades to shove them about in HL2. (always fun, 'so mr combine, you want to hide behind your force field do you? Say hello to my little grenade then :)')

If you got stuck there, just wait until you have to try and get out again...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]