[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
MINERVA - read-only archives • View topic - Connections between Portal and Half-Life 2

MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Connections between Portal and Half-Life 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:17 pm 
Acolyte

I didn't see anything like this so I figured I'd post it. I'll post screen shots later.

Eli's leg, resembles the leg devices Chell wears.

The teleporters in Eli and Kleiner's labs resemble parts of GladOs?

Scanners, and Dog's head also resemble parts of GladOs.

[edit: title]

Post subject: Re: Connections between Portal and Half-Life 2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:13 pm 
Acolyte

Energy balls are like the Combine's

- population
- industry
- transport

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:19 pm 
Acolyte

Yes, a very obvious one I missed haha. Im am beginning to think as I dwell on this more and more, that alot of the Combine technology seems more Aperature influenced.....more to come as I play through HL2, Ep1&2 and Portal again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:30 pm 
Acolyte

If you replaced the clean white textures of Portal with the Combine's blue metal, you'd probably feel right at home in the Half-Life universe

- population
- industry
- transport

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:07 pm 
Acolyte

GLaDOS says she's the only thing between "us" and "them", possibly meaning she's keeping the combine out of the facility or something to that extent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:21 am 
Acolyte

Sorry for the delay in making this spiceier, I wil. Today I noticed, as the antloins destroyed all in thier path and I waited, watched, that the female Combine computer woman, reminds me just a BIT of Glad0s when you first enter her chamber

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:02 am 
Acolyte

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:16 am 
Acolyte

Well that would explain it. Another obvious one I missed is the Blue fuzzy shield walls. ALso our cute turret friends

At this point I think it is safe to assume that the Combine earth forces are heavily equipped with Aperature technology. All that remains is the in between and back stories that led to that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:01 am 
Acolyte

Possibly they couldn't bring too many weapons with them, so they had to be pinched.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:12 pm 
Acolyte

Yeah, but that'd cause ... a continuity mess-up, I think. I mean, a central plot point of HL2 is that the Combine completely lack any in-universe teleport technology. If they reverse-engineered the energy balls and the turrets, you'd think they'd've gotten their own portal gun to go wherever they wanted ...

Meanwhile, I believe there was an interview in Games for Windows Magazine with Gabe Newell, who said something like, "Within the Half-Life universe, pure forms of energy just happen to form into balls. Perhaps the Combine stole it from Aperture. You never know."

Not, of course, that the phrase "pure forms of energy" makes any sense to anyone with 3/8 of an inkling of the way physics works, but ... ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:55 pm 
Acolyte

He meant to say "Weird electric glowy stuff".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:20 am 
Acolyte

Hey I recently found a hidden computer in Episode 2 with a string of numbers on it, in plain flashing green type. I figure it has to be something for somewhere and the only place i can figure if the website for portal with the application and such. Photobucket isnt working for me so ill have to get a screen shot up later

Edit: Duh forgot to list the numbers

4 8 15 16 23 42

if anyone already knows anything, I would apreciate a heads up

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:31 am 
Acolyte

It's not a Portal reference, but I'll leave it up to you and google to work out what the in joke is...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:27 pm 
Acolyte

Hmmm, yeah I tried it at the aperature science site nothing there. So google it is

Edit: Bah I hate sindicated TV

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]