[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
MINERVA - read-only archives • View topic - Stuck again this time at 4a

MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stuck again this time at 4a
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:48 pm 
Petitioner

I'm stuck in the level with a big lift which is broken with the big hole in the middle where the platform used to be.

I see there are ledges that could be climbed directly opposite to the lift level with boxes but I get up there but can't crouch to get on the ledge.

Any takers?

P.S. the ledges are actually opposite the room where I got the 3 boxes.

Still stuck.

Post subject: Re: Stuck again this time at 4a
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:18 pm 
Horseman of the Apocalypse
 WWW  Profile

Are you still on the level on which you regained consciousness? If so, any headcrabs around?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:17 am 
Petitioner

I got all the headcrabs and the zombies.

Theres that big circular lift that's broken.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:57 am 
Petitioner

Haha,I found it out!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:57 am 
 WWW  Profile

Excellent. Did MINERVA's hint help you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:54 pm 
Acolyte

Is it about time we made a full walkthru? Perhaps if it went one page at a time with a puzzle per page that wouldn't give away too much. Then when someone has a problem we can just link to the relevant page.
I've got some time off over christmas so I'll have a bash then. (too busy playing L4D at the moment)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:47 pm 
Acolyte
 WWW  Profile

Well, I'd love to help out if someone put up some wiki software. Otherwise what about some huge notices on the top of the forum? "COMMON PLACES GETTING STUCK" and "IF EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS, USE GRENADES" and "YOU NEED TO THROW TWO GRENADES".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:56 am 
Inductee

Ok, I got the platform to drop -- now how do I jump on it? If you answer, could you please give me a straight answer instead of just hints? I know it's fun but it's gotten to the point where we're expected to read the author's mind. Infocom used to have the same problem with some of their titles...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:13 am 
 WWW  Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:04 pm 
Inductee

Silly me -- I didn't even think to look around the rest of the area. I know the elevator shaft you're referring to... thanks! I'll give that a try tonight. It makes me wish I'd brought my save game file in to the office today. Heh.

Post subject: gunship on 4a
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:12 am 
Inductee

I don't remember gunships being this tough on Highway 17. Maybe I'm missing something obvious but the best I can manage to damage it is by swimming in around the boat or ducking around the rocks and firing when it's facing away. I can't hit it enough times before I run out of health packs from being shot by it or damaged by the misc wandering zombies. Could someone please share the strategy they used?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:00 am 
Acolyte

Check the bridge where the gunners were in the first level, where Minerva had her "whoops, it was in the satellite photos" prank go down.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:29 pm 
Inductee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:35 pm 
Acolyte

You should have a launcher. Up there is the ammo. And naturally that thing is harassing you from the air.

Rockets+Rocketlauncher+gunship= fire launcher at gunship until out of ammo, get more from the crate, repeat until dead?

As I remember even on hard diff it took about eight rockets to down. Wait, did you already shoot down the gunship? Then head for the sea arch.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]