MINERVA - read-only archives

Infiltrate. Reveal. Destroy. This forum is gone, but not forgotten.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Minor AI/gameplay bugs - I'm replaying from the beginning...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:14 am 
Inductee

Adam: Thanks for an amazing SP mod!

Anyhow, first time I installed the patched version and played through the first map (again, of course!), I crashed hard right around the 'elevator area' at the dockside (note: I had built my usual barricade of miscellaneous boxes at the overhead door in preparation for my return to the surface.) Error msg. was something about the cache. (similar problem to the TF2 issue with paged-pool memory cache?)

Quit Steam, rebooted, defragged and she's running fine now! I did notice two "interesting" AI/model bugs on this playthrough, though- first, the combine soldier in the first watchtower (after the initial drop-off) wouldn't engage me at all- even if I walked out into the open below him.

Also in map 1, right after I cleared out the first pair of combine on the raised dock near the shipwreck and collapsed bridge and moved on toward the first concrete pier, the soldiers there came after me, and I retreated while engaging them- then they sort of "went away." Thinking I'd killed them, I moved on toward the pier (before the roller-mines) to grab the goodies there, and the Combine guys suddenly "reappeared" just up the beach, almost as though they'd been hiding in the rocks or something!

Made for a quick, fun fight, but I was a bit surprised they hadn't kept after me the first time- but more importantly, they were invisible until I got near them- I don't believe they've got personal 'cloaking' devices at Combine HQ yet, do they?

Just thought I'd let you know- not sure if it's my rig or what. And it's certainly not a Big Bug. Ah well- back to the fight! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:17 pm 
Horseman of the Apocalypse
 WWW  Profile

The three soldiers hide quite cleverly sometimes.
Also, as they lose contact with you, they start wondering around and on a couple of occasions they drowned. I am guessing that when the three of them die, they respawn beyond the great rock arch. I haven't looked into the code, but that's the best way to prevent you from:

1. Missing the "You've survived" message
2. Seeing the "You've survived" message when they drown.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]